Friday, December 17, 2010

2010 - Looking Back


I believe in moving forward, instead of dwelling on the past. But I am also a super sucker for nostalgia. So here is the first of a handful of memories from 2010 that I would like to keep in my nostalgia vault:


World Cup.


I wasn’t able to go to South Africa this summer to join the world in celebrating the beautiful game. But it was almost as magical to be here, in Denver, where soccer has not caught the relevance train quite yet.


During World Cup 2010 you’d never know that Denver is not a soccer city. I saw passion and intensity in the faces of strangers who only shared one thing in common with me. Our love for soccer. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed and shocked by the sheer number of supporters that came out to the outdoor viewing parties that the Rapids hosted, as well as just to the random dive bars that were packed at 8am every morning.


Kudos, Denver. You gained a couple of classy points, that you were lacking in my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment